‘Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.’ author unknown. By that basis, I am ending the year much richer. Here are a few other rowing travel highlights from 2015:
- Attending the FISA World Rowing Championship in Aiguebelette, France
- Participating in a small way to promoting rowing in less developed countries (Maldives and South Africa)
- First medal (gold!) in coastal rowing – I was just the jetlagged cox
- First article published in a rowing magazine – Rowing & Regatta story on our Bellagio Short Break
- Growth in the number of guests and the number of trips offered – more smiles!
- Rowing in the Magna Carta Relay in June on the Thames – first time to row a Thames skiff
- Rowing through the centre of London – something that I have wanted to do for a while.
Happy New Year and Happy Rowing Travel in 2016!