Update 27 April 2020 – The situation remains fluid and we have cancelled or rescheduled some of our trips. Please see our 2020 Rowing Trips summary for updates and individual tour pages.
The novel coronavirus pandemic is a difficult time for all. Our thoughts are especially with those who have fallen ill, have lost loved ones or have had their lives deeply impacted. The global situation is fast changing and challenging, with sometimes contradictory and even false information been shared. Thankfully there are some hopeful stories emerging too.
Our top priority is the safety and health of our guests and our in-country partners. We are monitoring the situation closely. In particular we are getting local insights from our partners, following travel advisories and credible government advice, plus tracking what airlines and insurance companies are offering regarding cancellations and postponements. We are also observing decisions by FISA (World Rowing) regarding rowing events in the countries where we were planning to run trips.
It is important to take clear decisions within an adequate timeframe, without rushing or panicking. Travel and tourism are important to the countries that we visit, plus we know that our guests have planned for and anticipated their rowing holidays.
In all of this, there are certain absolutes: if there is an active level 3 or 4 travel advisory (avoid non-essential travel or avoid all travel) for one of our destinations that clearly continues through the timing of our tour, we will cancel or reschedule the tour. A decision will be made at least one month before the scheduled tour start date.
We are impressed with our intrepid guests – to date we have had virtually no cancellations. We thank you for your support and trust.
This Is What We Are Doing
We are making decisions on cancellation or postponement on a tour by tour basis. If you have booked a trip with us, we will reach out to you directly about three months before your trip starts. We will give you our best understanding of the local situation and will inform you of when we anticipate a new update.
For upcoming tours, we will push back the due date for final payments to less than 60 days – we will set new deadlines and let registered guests know directly. We will be flexible on the 60 day or less non-refundable policy for deposits – which will be adjusted to match the new final payment due date.
We may be able to reschedule cancelled trips for later in the year. We will provide updates regularly. We appreciate your business. If we cancel a tour, we will offer a bonus credit for guests who apply their deposits for the same tour at a rescheduled date: C$200. This is in addition to the full amount of the tour deposit of $500 or 500 €.
If you have questions, please contact us at any time.
What You Can Do
Stay informed, do your bit with hand-washing and other means to reduce the spread of the infection. Be positive. Take care of yourself and the ones you love. Go for a row, if you can. Best thing to feel better in mind, body and soul.
We look forward to rowing with you in beautiful parts of the world, whenever that might be.