We love our longer, guided rowing tours which take small groups to stunning destinations around the world. That will continue to be the mainstay of Rowing The World. We are thrilled to offer additional options and choices to combine our passion for rowing with the joy of exploration and travel. Discover Travel2Row and our Independent Rowing Experiences.
Independent Rowing Experiences are short getaways tailored to suit you. We provide a rowing package which is flexible and adaptable to your preferences, and of course has you rowing in a delightful destination. Each Experience is different, designed by our local partners and verified by Ruth. We sell what we know, offering the same attention to detail and quality that is the hallmark of our group and guided trips. Book with confidence and ease.
Tailored to you
Unlike typical guest rowing, our Independent Rowing Tours do not require you to fit into a scheduled workout. Our partner clubs will take you on one, two or three individually curated rows. Choose when you want to travel and with whom you travel. In some destinations, we offer the opportunity for expert coaching or the chance to try coastal rowing. Tell us when you want to row, and we will organize that for you. You take care of the other logistics, giving you the freedom to stay where you want, travel how it suits you.
We provide a detailed information package with many recommendations on where to stay, dining and food recommendations, plus ideas for activities to enjoy when you are not on the water. And, of course, complete details on the rowing experience.
Travel to row carefully
We know that you are keen to get on the water and would love to travel. We make it easy: dream, book, go. We have established clear health and safety protocols with our partner clubs, based on information from the national rowing federation, and national, provincial/state and local health authorities in each of our destinations. Our Terms & Conditions have been adapted to give you greater flexibility – we know that times remain uncertain, whether you are planning to go next week or next month. You can be confident in these independent rowing experiences.
Enjoy Independent Rowing Experiences in these destinations!
- Greece - Thessaloniki - coastal rowing with an expert
- Italy - Luino - Rowing on Lago Maggiore, Lago di Lugano and Lago di Varese
- Canada - Charlottetown Prince Edward Island - the best things come in small packages
- Barbados - Bridgetown - sun, sea and coastal rowing in a tropical paradise
- We will regularly be adding new locations - sign up for the newsletter to get announcements first
Private rowing trips
We also welcome requests for private and custom trips, modelled on our usual group and guided trips. We believe that joining one of our small group trips is a wonderful way to meet rowers from other clubs and countries. But we also know that it can be very special for you and your rowing club mates to enjoy a private tour, just for you. We listen to your needs to create a private journey, whether a unique date for one of our existing tours or a completely customized trip to a new destination. Picture your crew rowing a historic river, trying coastal in a gorgeous setting or guest rowing with a different club each day. We’ll make it happen, whatever and wherever it is. You might a destination in mind, but please have a look at our list of past and future trips and contact us to discuss. We would love to talk to you about your rowing travel dreams! To get started, here is a handly checklist to work through with your club or rowing friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why wouldn’t I just do this on my own? We make it much easier, and you will know exactly what you are signing up for and that it matches your interests and rowing experience. Our partner clubs are usually smaller clubs in smaller centres or a bit more off the beaten track. They typically do not offer guest rowing. They have been selected due to their lovely location and the quality of the rowing experience. You will receive a warm and safe welcome.
- Why is this more expensive than most guest row fees? These are customized and curated experiences of high quality. A good portion of your money flows to the club – they earn much more than a guest row fee. We are very happy to support rowing and rowing clubs.
- What types of boats are available? That depends on each club. Check out the details on Travel2Row.